Sunflowers are lovely bright flowers and always bring sunshine into our lives. Sunflower seeds (Helianthus Annuus) are a great source of vitamins A, D, and E and lecithin and they are also an abundance of unsaturated fatty acids. This is all good news for your skin.
Sunflower oil is better known in cooking, although it can be found in many cosmetic products as well. It is an excellent moisturizer and is a great all-rounder due to its light consistency and subtle scent. Sunflower carrier oil helps reduce the effect of scarring, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
Try This Cleanser Routine
A great product to combine with sunflower carrier oil is castor oil. Castor oil is thicker in consistency, which is why it goes well with sunflower oil. Castor oil is known for its deep cleansing properties and when combined with the lighter sunflower carrier oil, it will cleanse even more deeply as the lighter oil helps it to sink into the skin further. When used as a cleanser it gives a lovely feeling and your skin will feel silky soft. Not only that you can be sure it has a barrier of extra protection from the elements.
Medicinal Health Benefits Of Sunflower Carrier Oil
Apart from the wonderful cleansing and moisturizing properties, Sunflower carrier oil also has a few health benefits it can be used for. These include:
- Sunflower carrier oil is often used to cleanse skin and remove dirt and debris from pores
- Helps remove blackheads from pores
- Great treatment for athlete’s foot
- Improves dry skin and helps to regenerate new cell growth
- Improves acne and other skin complaints
- Protects from effects of UV rays
- Reduces the effects and visibility of scarring or stretch marks
- Can be used during pregnancy
- Reduces chance of skin infections in infants (use with care and consult a medical practitioner)
- Boosts energy and vitality
- Reduces redness, inflammation and irritation on skin
- Ongoing research suggests it can help prevent certain cancers
- Helps to reduces asthma attacks
- Can help with arthritis
Looking After Sunflower Carrier Oil
As with many oils, sunflower carrier oil is a liquid when stored at room temperature. However, it can quickly deteriorate if left exposed to light or heat. Therefore, when not in use it should always be stored in an airtight bottle or container in a dark, cool and dry place. Ideally the bottle should be dark or protected with a UV filter. If not stored correctly it can lose all the benefits of nutrients. Do not save any unused preparations as they will be reduced in efficacy due to the effects of the preparation being exposed to the air and light.
Where Can I Get Sunflower Carrier Oil?
Plant Guru are committed to providing a range of high-quality range of life-giving products at prices affordable for everyone’s pocket. We stock sunflower carrier oil along with a range of other massage carrier oils and essential oils and other beauty products. Have a look at our range of essential supplies now!