Carrier oils are base oils that can be used to incorporate aromatherapy oils to form a concoction. When you use carrier oils for massage, about 90% of the mixture is the carrier oil with the remaining 10% being the aromatherapy oil. Wonder which of these carrier oils can be used efficiently for massage purposes? Here is a list.

Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is regarded as a great natural energy source and acts as a dietary component. Apart from that, it can be combined with other oils for massage purposes. Once combined with another oil, you can use it to massage your body. You will be amazed by how it can melt on the skin even without mixing it with another type of oil.

Sweet Almond Oil

Noted as an excellent emollient, sweet almond oil is also loved for helping the skin balance its moisture levels. It has been a popular carrier oil for those wanting a massage yet do not want a greasy after-feel. It can be easily absorbed by the skin yet you do not need to reapply it that often. The light aroma of this carrier oil will surely enhance the massage experience. Be sure not to use almond oil if you are allergic to nuts.

Grapeseed Oil

This non-greasy carrier oil is rich in essential fatty acids that provide moisturizing effects to the skin. It is odorless and has a smooth texture and can be easily absorbed by the skin. You can mix it with wheat germ or almond or other carrier oils.

Jojoba Oil

Extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant, jojoba oil is noted as an excellent moisturizer. Commonly used for blemished skin, and acne-prone skin, this carrier oil easily penetrates the skin and is suitable for all skin types. With its light to medium aroma, it will definitely provide soothing relief while you are being massaged.

Argan Oil

One of the recent discoveries in the vegetable oil industry is Argan oil. It is extracted from the Moroccan Argan tree with fruits that are harvested by Berber women. This lightweight carrier oil can be used as a skin treatment or a daily moisturizer. Because of its wonderful restorative effects, it has been noted to help in several skin conditions like wrinkles, eczema, psoriasis, acne and dry skin. It also made waves in the world of aromatherapy, now being a part of the many massage blends out there.

Avocado Oil

While avocado oil is popularly known to help treat dry skin, it can also be used in massages. It helps in skin regeneration too. Take note though that this should be mixed with lighter carrier oils like grapeseed and sweet almond. It can be easily absorbed into the skin and nourishes it because of is emollient properties. This makes it a popular choice in massage blends.

Wheat Germ Oil

Rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, wheat germ oil is also a popular choice for aromatherapy massage blends. It can help not just in promoting smoother, younger looking skin, but also in healing stretch marks and other scar tissues. Like avocado oil, wheat germ oil can be too thick thus it is recommended to be combined with lighter carrier oils.

These are but some of the popular carrier oils that can be used for massage. There are other blends out there that you will discover too. Shop with us at Plant Guru for essential oils that will complete the massage blend.