One of the most popular and common ways to enjoy the benefits of essential oils is with a diffuser. In this modern age of technology, the ultrasonic diffuser is becoming increasingly popular. Essential oils are disbursed into the air through the water-based ultrasonic waves created by these mechanisms. Any number of diffusers are currently available in varying price ranges, shapes, and sizes. The following will focus specifically on the just referred to ultrasonic diffuser.
Directions on Essential Oil Diffuser Use
It’s all about location. You will need a tabletop or a solid surface in the desired room and an outlet in which to plug in your diffuser. Put a towel down if you are afraid that the surface will get wet. Avoid fans and direct sunlight.
- Fill your diffuser with room temperature, clean or filtered water, to the reservoir fill line. It is essential that you do not overfill.
- Now, it’s time to add your essential oil. Into the water, place 5 to 10 drops of whichever scented oil you have chosen. You can use a blend or just one single oil. Ordinarily, six drops will be sufficient, but some individuals like a stronger scent.
- Close the diffuser up and turn it on. Some mechanisms have different options which can be chosen at this time.
Favorite Oils for Use in Diffusers
This is, of course, a matter of personal choice but here are a few selections just to get you started:
- Grapefruit can help reduce tension and stress, relieve anxiety, enhance mood, reduce balancing issues, is uplifting, and can help reduce food cravings.
- During meditation, frankincense is excellent. It can increase spiritual awareness, reduce anxiety, improve focus, uplift spirits, and is good for balance.
- Lemon is a pleasant scent and is energizing, deodorizing, purifying, cleansing, detoxifying, and uplifting.
- Peppermint, when used in diffusers, can lessen the effects of headaches, seasonal allergies, and mental fatigue. Its refreshing aroma can offer respiratory support, increase alertness, focus, and improved concentration.
- An all-time favorite is lavender. This scent can help reduce stress, restlessness, sadness, and anxiety. It is also excellent for sleep as it relaxes and calms.
Be Sure to Keep Your Diffuser Clean
As important as it is to pick the right essential oil and use your diffuser properly, it is equally important that you clean your diffuser thoroughly after use. Fortunately, this is easily done. When you’re through with your diffuser, you simply unplug it and dump out whatever water was left inside the reservoir. With warm water and a small brush or cloth, simply wipe out or brush the inside of your diffuser. After rinsing out the reservoir, simply dry it with a cloth. To clean the ultrasonic chip that many of today’s reservoirs contain, it is recommended that you use rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and allow it to air dry after cleaning.
Get Essential Oils from Plant Guru Now!
Plant Guru has one of the most impressive essential oil inventories on the Internet. Shop in the comfort of your own home and create an impressive selection of your own. No matter what the mood or what your ailments, there is an essential oil that can help you through your day. Don’t wait another moment to begin feeling more relaxed, healthier, more energized, clearheaded – whatever you desire– there is an essential oil for you!