Ravensara Essential Oils
The island of Madagascar, with all its mysteries, is known for being the origin of these essential oils. The ravensara trees, from which the oils are derived through steam distillation of the leaves, are native to the Madagascar rain forest. Though originally used for centuries as a tonic in the system of traditional medicine, these oils have shown a wide array of medicinal benefits. For those wishing to blend these essential oils with others, suggested combinations could include wintergreen, tea tree, rosemary, lavender, juniper, ginger, fir needle, eucalyptus, clove bud, roman, chamomile, cypress, citronella, and more. Ravensara essential oils have a thin consistency and an aroma that is slightly sweet with eucalyptus-like characteristics. The aroma also contains woody notes with a camphorous tone and offers a slightly medicinal scent.
Overall Benefits of Ravensara Essential Oils
- Effective when used as a remedy for joint pain, headache, and toothaches
- May facilitate the body’s nutrient absorption
- Helpful for inducing relaxation in nerves and muscles
- May be useful in the treatment of sexual dysfunction
- Can be used to cure respiratory problems
- Helpful in the treatment of improper lymph circulation and improper blood circulation
- May be beneficial in the prevention of viral and bacterial infections
Uses for Ravensara Essential Oils
These essential oils are useful as an anti-allergenic because not only do they reduce the body’s allergic reactions but they are non-irritating and non-sensitizing. The body shows fewer and fewer hyper reactions because these essential oils gradually build the body’s allergenic substance resistance. They are also useful to fight depression and can act as a mood uplifter, invoking feelings of joy and hopefulness. These essential oils have even been used to treat herpes.
Though no adverse effects have been reported from the use of these essential oils, it is suggested that they are kept out of the reach of children. Additionally, pregnant women should seek the advice of their physician before partaking in the use of any essential oil.