Palmarosa contains an array of health and therapeutic benefits. These benefits include digestive, antiseptic, a cicatrisant, stimulant, and febrifuge. Its botanical name is Cymbopogon Martini and it is extracted through the method of steam distillation. It smells fresh with a lemony, sweet, floral, dry-geranium like scent with a tiny whiff of rose which makes the palmarosa essential oil ingredient popular in perfumes and aromatherapy.
Origins of Palmarosa
Palmarosa originates from India and Indochina and it is a perennial herb that stands approximately 3 meters high. It belongs to the same lemongrass family and it is grown across countries like Vietnam, Guatemala, and India. Its essential oil is rich in geraniol and it smells mostly like rose when mixed in perfumes. It is also often combined with other essential oils to produce a sweet-smelling blend that produces calming sensations to provide calmness.
Popular Uses of Palmarosa
Palmarosa is widely used in various applications but the two most popular applications include skin care and health care.
- Skin Care – Palmarosa is effective in minimizing acne scars due to its natural antiseptic properties. It can also heal wrinkles, broken capillaries, and minor skin damages due to sun exposure. Palmarosa is also a good hydrating agent which helps the body retain moisture to keep the skin moist and soft. It also provides excellent relief for symptoms of dehydration and inflammation that happen on the skin surface as well as underneath the skin.
- Health Care – Palmarosa contains antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties. These help to cool the body down in case of a fever. Regardless of whether it is a viral fever or caused by a bacterial infection, Palmarosa can reduce the temperature of the fever to prevent further deterioration of health. Palmarosa is also capable of stimulating the release of digestive juices into the stomach which helps to ease digestion. It also effectively aids the absorption of nutrients found in food.
Palmarosa is typically used in an oil burner, a nebulizer, and in baths or through inhalation.
Health / Therapeutic Benefits of Palmarosa
Palmarosa provides a series of health benefits which are as follows:
- Natural antiseptic
- Fights infections caused by fevers
- Cures cracks in skin, sores, and Athlete’s Foot
- Ease digestion caused by stomach problems
- Prevents anxiety and depression
- Relieve discomfort caused by fever and flu
- Fights sensations of nervousness, anger, and fatigue
A Look at Palmarosa Essential Oils
Palmarosa essential oil blends well with geranium, rose, bergamot, lavender, orange, ylang-ylang, and sandalwood essential oils. It is widely used in perfumes due to its clean and refreshing aroma. Palmarosa is also used in skin care thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties which can treat various skin conditions. In health care, Palmarosa is used for its antiseptic properties that can prevent and heal a variety of ailments.
At Plant Guru, we have a wonderful selection of 100% pure Palmarosa essential oils at affordable prices. Why not take a moment to browse through our selection and find just the right Palmorosa essential oil for yourself or as a gift for a loved one?