Niaouli is also commonly known as the Paper Bark Tea Tree or the Broad-Leaved Paperbark Tree. As for Niaouli essential oil, many users simply refer to it through its botanical name which is Melaleuca quinquenervia which is more popular among the community.
Origins of Niaouli
Niaouli can be obtained by steam distilling its tender twigs and fresh leaves. Its main components include piperitone, linalool, limonene, gamma terpineol, cineole, beta-pinene, alpha-pinene, and alpha phellandrene.
Popular Uses of Niaouli
Niaouli offers plenty of potential benefits and is used as an alternative treatment method for conditions such as the following:
- Respiratory tract disorders
- Sinus congestion
- Sore throats
- Uterine infections
- Muscular injury
- …and more!
Health Benefits of Niaouli
Niaouli offers plenty of potential health benefits that can be attributed to its properties such as the following:
- Analgesic – Its pain-relieving property is an efficient analgesic. It gets rid of pain by inducing numbness to the nerves.
- Anti-rheumatic – It stimulates blood and lymph circulation to prevent any uric acid accumulation in the joints.
- Antiseptic – It has antiseptic properties that can inhibit bacterial growth on open wounds to protect against infections, tetanus, and sepsis.
- Bactericidal – It inhibits bacterial growth by killing any bacteria present.
- Balsamic – It boosts healthy by promoting good distribution and absorption of body nutrients.
- Cicatrizant – It can diminish scars and marks caused by wounds, acne, and pox. It also promotes the development of new tissues and cells to replace damaged tissues fast.
- Decongestant – It relieves congestion of nasal tracts, trachea, pharynx, larynx, bronchi, and lungs.
- Expectorant – It can help to loosen up depositions of catarrh or phlegm in the nasal tracts, trachea, pharynx, larynx, bronchi, and lungs.
- Febrifuge – It helps to reduce body temperature during fevers to combat infections.
A Look at Niaouli Essential Oils
Niaouli does not smell the greatest but its lack in aromatic appeal does not stop users from getting their hands on this highly therapeutic essential oil. It is excellent for addressing acne, skin infections, and respiratory concerns.
It has an aroma that is earthy and camphorous which may be deemed as a little harsh for some users when sniffed directly from its bottle. However, a different story is told when Niaouli is inhaled from a smell test strip. Users will notice a softened aroma which combines well with other essential oils that have similar camphorous and medicinal properties.
Niaouli essential oil also works great with other essential oils such as Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Tea Tree. It also blends easily with essential oils under the categories of citrus, spice, mint, and wood. Generally, Niaouli essential oil is not commonly used in various emotional well-being applications. However, it is highly popular amongst users as a natural stimulant thanks to its composition of monoterpenes and cineole content.
At Plant Guru, we have a wonderful selection of 100% pure Niaouli essential oils that come at affordable prices. Why not look through our selection and discover the healing effect of Niaouli essential oil for yourself?