Do you suffer from dry skin? You can easily banish your dry, dull skin buy applying lavender body butter. For best results, use a body butter that is all-natural and organic. Instead of relying on store products, you can easily make your own lavender body butter since the recipe is simple. All the ingredients you need are easily found in the market and you don’t have to spend much money making this product.
How to create soothing homemade lavender whipped body butter:
- Glass jars with tight lids
- 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- Half a cup sweet almond oil
- Half a cup of solid coconut oil
- Take a glass or stainless steel mixing bowl and add the shea butter, almond oil and coconut oil. Use the double boiler method to melt the mixture, but ensure you keep stirring until all the ingredients have mixed well.
- Remove the mixture from heat and leave it in the fridge to cool.
- Once the mixture solidifies, add essential oils and mix until creamy. Transfer the cream in the glass jars and ensure you seal with an airtight lid.
How To Apply It Effectively
Now you have your soothing whipped butter ready. Before applying the body butter, you need to use a body scrub to exfoliate. Still, you can use natural ingredients to make a simple homemade body scrub. You will need:
- Coconut oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rough sugar/ salt
Once you have all the ingredients ready, mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful or rough sugar or salt to create a body scrub. Add the essential oil for a sweet smell.
Give your body a good body scrub and immediately after, apply the body butter to leave your skin hydrated and lock in the moisture all day long.
Benefits Of Using Lavender Body Butter
- When applied before bedtime, it acts as a moisturizer keeping your skin smooth and supple. If you have cracked hands, apply the body butter and then put on gloves to let the butter soak in.
- Lavender essential oil used to create the body butter contains calming effects and helps bring on a good night’s sleep.
- The lavender body butter can also be used as a massage lotion since it helps to relax tense muscles.
- The fatty acids found in coconut oil help to soothe, heal and protect the skin.
- Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, E and F and also acts a sun screen helping to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Using the body butter on a daily basis will boost your skin’s nourishment that will have you glowing throughout the day.
Best Essential Oils For Dry Skin
When it comes to choosing the best essential oil for a dry skin, keep in mind that not all oils can be used. Before you start making your own body butter, find out if the essential oils you are using will work for you. You may find that some oils can be irritating to people with allergies or sensitive skin. To test if an essential oil will not cause irritation on your skin, you need to apply some of it inside your elbow and wait for 24 hours to see if there will be any reactions.