Every day, life wreaks havoc on your hair. It takes a beating from styling, UV radiation, pollutants, dry air, and more. Consider using a do-it-yourself hair mask with essential oils with which to pamper your hair. With this relaxing method of haircare, you can leave your luscious locks smooth and touchably soft.
The clean, sweet aromas of rosemary and lavender essential oils will be combined with the moisturizing effects of coconut oil in this simple recipe. This mixture will tame flyaway frizzies down to beautiful, glossy hair.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Rosemary essential oil – two drops
- Lavender essential oil – two drops
- Wide-toothed comb
- Water-filled spray bottle
- Two tablespoons coconut oil
- Small saucepan
- Small bowl
Here’s What You’ll Do with All of It
- Fill a large pot halfway with boiling water. Inside that pot, rest the rim of a small glass cup or small pot. We’re going for a double boiler effect here.
- Into the glass cup or small pot, add coconut oil and warm it until it liquefies.
- To the coconut oil, add your essential oils.
- After the ingredients have been combined together, set the mixture aside while it cools and thickens.
It’s Time for Application…
- Over your shoulders, wrap a towel to catch any drips.
- With the water-filled spray bottle, dampen your hair.
- Apply the mixture to your hair using your hands and comb gently to disperse the mask.
- For 30 to 60 minutes, allow the mask to sit before rinsing.
- You can now wash your hair as you normally would, and style it.
How easy was that?!
Q & A About Hair And Essential Oils
- Q: Can I add essential oils to my shampoo?
- A: In fact, it’s recommended for those with damaged or problematic hair. Here are some suggestions:
- With 1 1/4 cup of shampoo, mix 10 drops each of lavender, tea tree, rosemary, and lemon.
- With 1 cup of shampoo, mix 15 drops each of lavender and wild orange and 20 drops of clary sage.
- With 1 cup of shampoo, mix 10 drops each of peppermint, rosemary, cedarwood, and lavender.
- Q: When it comes to hair, what are the best essential oils to use?
- A: As suggested in the recipes above, good essential oils for hair treatment consist of peppermint, juniper, lemon, rosemary, cedarwood, lavender, tea tree, Ylang Ylang, and more.
- Q: Is recommended that I use essential oils directly on my hair?
- A: Because they are highly concentrated, even in small amounts, essential oils can be extremely effective. It is, however, important to use a carrier oil to mix with your chosen essential oils. Good carrier oils are grapeseed, jojoba, olive, and more.
- Q: For hair thickness and growth, which essential oil is best?
- A: Hair strands are protected by jojoba oil. Blood flow to the scalp is increased by Jamaican black castor oil. Hair growth can be promoted (and hair loss prevented) with argan oil.
When it comes to the essential oils needed for beautiful hair, and the carrier oils you may choose to mix with them, look no further than the extensive array of choices at Plant Guru. Browse our collection today, order a few choices from the recipes above, and discover why more and more people are enjoying improved living through the use of essential oils.