You can start saving trips to the department store just to get your hands on expensive facial cleansers. They may contain harmful chemicals which may be too harsh for your skin type. In this article, we will be sharing a variety of essential oils that are useful to produce a natural essential oil-infused facial cleanser that is free of chemicals as well as the associated steps to take.
Ingredients Needed for an Essential Oil-Infused Facial Cleanser
- Castile soap – This is a gentle cleanser that can eliminate make-up, grime, and dirt without stripping natural oils off the skin.
- Almond oil – This oil is a great moisturizing agent that also provides essential vitamins for healthy skin. It is also an effective make-up remover which gets rid of buildup. If you are unable to get hold of almond oil, a good substitute is sesame oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, or rosehip seed oil. Ensure to get cold-pressed oils that are organic.
- Vitamin E oil – This oil is great at nourishing skin by giving it a boost of vitamins. If you are already using rosehip seed oil, you can skip this vitamin E oil as rosehip seed oil already contains vitamins C, A, and E as well as fatty acids. Fatty acids are essential in making the skin look plump and healthy.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil – This helps to stimulate a natural glow on the skin with its antiseptic property.
- Frankincense essential oil – This offers plenty of fantastic benefits which are important to nourish the skin.
- Lavender essential oil – This helps to soothe the skin and soften it naturally.
Making the Natural Essential Oil-Infused Facial Cleanser
The steps are pretty straightforward and do not consume that much time. You need ingredients such as carrier oils, essential oils, and liquid castile soap. The essential oils can be customized according to your personal preferences and unique needs such as skin type and more. Select from a variety of ylang ylang, geranium, rose, patchouli, helichrysum and others. Combine all the abovementioned ingredients and simply mix them altogether to produce a refreshing homemade essential oil-infused facial cleanser.
Benefits of Homemade Facial Cleansers
The main benefit of using a homemade facial cleanser for your skin is how you are able to control the ingredients that go inside it.
You are also able to customize it according to your personal preferences. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin and so on, you are able to pick the specific essential oils which are suitable for your own skin type.
The next benefit is how much savings you will be able to reap. Producing your own homemade natural facial cleanser is much cheaper as compared to store-bought cleansers that are full of chemicals and unknown ingredients.
Essential oils on the other hand, are full of health benefits which are great at producing soft and healthy skin.
Essential Oils for Different Skin Types
- Tea tree – Helps in reducing facial blemishes
- Lemongrass – Combats pimples on oily skin
- Frankincense – Reduce facial scars caused by pimples and acne
- Myrrh, cucumber seed, sandalwood – To hydrate dry skin