Christmas is just around the corner. Finally! It is a good time to start preparing for the winter holidays. What better way than to introduce the smells of Christmas into your humble abode? Cinnamon, pine needles, and other invigorating spices provide warmth and create an uplifting atmosphere. Using essential oils is a great way to awaken the Christmas Spirit in everyone. If you are like other, who aim to stop burning toxic scented candles in their home, you will be pleased that you can create favorite scents via a D.I.Y essential oil blend. In this post, you will learn a new recipe that is destressing and relaxing. It is what you need to get through the crazy rush of the upcoming winter holidays!
Before You Begin
Remember, essential oils should not be used in their undiluted forms or applied to your mucus membranes and eyes. Additionally, avoid ingesting essential oils unless you are given the green light by a qualified practitioner. It is imperative that essential oils are kept in places where they are out of reach of children.
Even if you bought an essential oil that states it is friendly to human skin, you should always perform a small patch test on an insensitive part of your body. To be on the safe side, you should also dilute the essential oil in an appropriate carrier oil.
- Cinnamon bark (substitutes may include cinnamon leaf)
- Spruce (substitutes may include fir needle, cypress, or pine)
- Place a 10cc glass bottle (with a stable base) on the table.
- Add 25 drops of vanilla essential oil.
- Add 25 drops of ginger essential oil.
- Add 25 drops of nutmeg essential oil.
- Add 25 drops of cinnamon essential oil.
- Add 50 drops of spruce essential oil.
- Screw the cap on tightly.
- Invert the bottle to allow the oils to blend.
- Avoid shaking the bottle.
- Prepare a card that lists all of the ingredients.
- Tie a pretty ribbon around the bottle (if you are making a gift for essential oil-loving family members and friends).
- Add five or six drops of water in your diffuser
- You may need to refer to your diffuser’s instructions
- Diffuse your winter holiday D.I.Y essential oil blend intermittently throughout the day