Clary sage essential oil provides a number of important benefits to the body and mind. As such, we are featuring it as the key ingredient in the following four DIY projects, which consist of a spray, serum, hand soap and body wash. Try these DIY projects for yourself today!
Clary Sage Protectant Spray
This spray is designed to protect your hair and includes five drops of both Geranium and Clary Sage oils. It is a breeze to make and will leave your hair feeling wonderful. Below are the ingredients.
- One cup of water
- One tablespoon Coconut Oil (Fractionated)
- Two teaspoons Smoothing Conditioner
- One tablespoon sweet almond oil
- Five drops of oil (Clary Sage)
- Five drops of oil (Geranium)
To make the spray you would pour half the water into an empty spray bottle, add the sweet almond and coconut oil, as well as the conditioner and essential oils. Then you would add the other half of water and then shake the bottle thoroughly, after which you would simply spray it onto your hair.
Clary Sage Serum
This serum is excellent for dealing with annoying razor bumps or burns. This is due to its calming effect which will relax the skin and make it look vibrant. Below are the ingredients.
- Five drops of Clary Sage oil
- Five Drops of Lavender oil
- Five drops of Myrrh oil
- Five drops of Helichrysum oil
- 5 cups of Coconut Oil (Fractionated)
- Five drops Melaleuca oil
- ¼ cup of rosewater
To make the serum all you would need to do is add the rosewater and coconut oil to a spray bottle then add the essential oils and shake vigorously. You would then apply by spraying it onto your skin or the palms of your hand and then rubbing them onto the affected areas.
Clary Sage Hand Soap
This soap will do more than just keep your hands clean; it will keep them exfoliated and moisturized. The ingredients for this product are:
- One teaspoon of almond oil
- Seven drops of Clary Sage
- ½ cup of sugar (white)
- Three tablespoons of Castile soap (liquid)
- Five drops of Melaleuca
To make this product you will take all the ingredients and combine them into a small bowl, then stir until it becomes smooth. You would then pour the mixture into a container that is air tight and keep it by the sink for ease of access. You would apply it by placing the soap on your hands when you want to clean them.
Clary Sage Body Wash
A good body wash will leave your body clean and smelling well. This particular product contains essential oils which will nourish your skin. Below are the ingredients.
- Ten drops of Clary Sage oil
- Four tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- Glass pump bottle that can hold eight ounces
- Three drops of Coconut Oil (Fractionated)
- ½ cup of Castile soap (unscented)
To make this body wash, you would place all the ingredients into the pump bottle, add the Clary Sage oil, then shake well and apply.