Why, you may be asking yourself, would I want a recipe for a do-it-yourself body butter with peppermint orange? One big reason is for its wonderfully light, fresh, citrusy mint aroma. But, most importantly, it can also give you the smoothest skin possible. Especially during months with colder weather, it is important to protect your skin and moisturize it.
With this recipe for peppermint orange body butter, you can quickly and easily throw together one of the most invigorating and helpful methods of keeping skin soft, protecting it, and supplying your senses with a refreshing scent.
Lots of do-it-yourselfers today love making their own potpourri, essential oil blends, and body butters. If this particular recipe doesn’t work out, try recipes like coconut oil, milk chocolate, key lime, or whatever your little heart desires. With the right essential oils, your options are virtually limitless.
- Peppermint essential oil, 10 to 15 drops
- Orange essential oil, 30 to 40 drops
- Kaolin clay, .1 ounce
- Lanolin, .1 ounce
- Fractionated coconut oil, .35 ounces
- White cosmetic beeswax, .25 ounces
- Kokum butter, .5 ounces
- Refined Shea butter, 3 ounces
How to Make Your DIY Butter
- Into a double boiler, weigh out the lanolin, beeswax, coconut butter, and Shea butter with a digital scale.
- On the stove, over medium heat, melt the ingredients. Use 40% power on your microwave, if you don’t have a double boiler until the mixture is melted.
- Remove the melted mixture from heat. Take fractionated oil, weigh it out, and stir it into the melted mixture until combined.
- Take kaolin, weigh it out, and thoroughly incorporate it into all of the previously heated/mixed ingredients.
Note: So that the mixture absorbs into your skin faster and doesn’t feel greasy, kaolin clay is used for your body butter. You can use arrowroot powder or tapioca starch if you don’t have white cosmetic clay or kaolin. If needed, you can simply do away with it altogether.
- Finally, stir into your butter the desired number of drops of peppermint essential oils and orange essential oils. If you want a stronger scent, add more drops until satisfied. (Some people like to use lemongrass essential oil or lavender essential oil rather than the orange. Others prefer spearmint over the peppermint essential oil.)
- Your amazing body butter is now ready to transfer into a container. After transfer, you will need to let it solidify. To speed up the process, you may wish to put the body butter into a cool place such as a refrigerator.
After solidification, your out-of-this-world, do-it-yourself, peppermint orange body butter is ready for use. All you have to do is apply it to your skin in whatever area you desire. Be careful of any area that may be too sensitive for such a potent mixture, however. (That peppermint can be wild and woolly!)
An important part of any do-it-yourself creation such as this is making sure that your ingredients are top-of-the-line and high-quality. Plant Guru sells only that. All of our essential oils are 100% pure. Shop today, conveniently from your home, and start down the road to softer skin, a clearer mind, and a healthier body.