The prime opportunity for self-care is during the summer months. You’re out enjoying the great outdoors, grazing on lusciously grilled cuisine in the backyard or at the park, soaking up vitamin D out at the beach or by the pool… With today’s high quality, organic essential oils at your side, you can make the absolute most of summer’s sunny days.
Let’s take a look at how to really boost your self-care regime during summer with these must-have essential oils.
Consider These Essential Oils
Below, we will take a look at a handful of summer’s best essential oils and how to satisfy your skin through their use. Here is a list of the best essential oils for summer:
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- German Chamomile
- Eucalyptus (there are several varieties)
- Carrot Seed
Now that’s a lot to choose from, granted. But each and every oil has its own specific benefits, purpose, etc. Take for instance lime, lemongrass, and citronella. These are great for the outdoors person.
By combining spearmint, lime, lemongrass, and citronella, you can create the perfect wipe-down wonder for the outdoor furniture you put out every summer.
If you’re less worried about your furniture and more worried about discouraging those pesky bugs, consider the combination of any of the following as mosquito and other bug repellent: mint, lavender, geranium, eucalyptus, tea tree, rosemary, lemongrass, citronella.
Time for Your Summer Skin Routine…
Winter is hard on your complexion. Now that the summer months are here, it’s time to truly spoil your skin.
- Carrot seed essential oil sunscreen – Simply by adding 2 to 3 drops of this essential oil to your favorite sunscreen, you can smell amazing while protecting your skin from damaging rays.
- Orange and Royal Hawaiian sandalwood essential oils for dewy skin – These super hydrating skincare routines will banish dry skin. You can moisturize and wash your face at the same time with Hawaiian sandalwood essential oil in your normal face-wash/moisturizer. For a natural glow, to your usual night cream, add orange essential oil.
- Grapefruit and geranium essential oils – Even if you avoid sunburn, your skin can be damaged by sun exposure. To your favorite body butter, add three drops of grapefruit and geranium essential oils. This will give you a healthy dose of hydration every time you apply it.
Summer Haircare with Essential Oils
Do you need to tame that mane? Hot, humid climates can be your hair’s worst enemy if you experience frizzy, wild, unmanageable hair in those conditions. You can calm those frizzies and reduce tangles if, into your standard hair oil, you add one drop of geranium.
Supply your hair with nourishing ingredients while giving it a beachy vibe by spraying your hair with this do-it-yourself hairspray: cedarwood, lavender, and rosemary. Bring out the mermaid in you!
For a cooling sensation, and to help eliminate unwanted product buildup, add a drop of eucalyptus and German chamomile to the shampoo you ordinarily use.
At Plant Guru, you will find high quality, 100% organic essential oils for your summer care routine. Our affordable prices and impressive selection are sure to make your day! Shop online in the comfort of your own home, at the office, or on the beach. Don’t forget to check out our body butters, carrier oils, and other natural products. Make summer even more enjoyable with the essential oils available through Plant Guru.