If you are experiencing uncontrollable itching on your arms, ears, neck, or backs of the legs, you might be suffering from a skin condition called Eczema. Eczema is a condition that results in dry and rough skins, and oftentimes result in inflamed or red patches on the skin. The most common types of eczema are nummular eczema, atopic dermatitis, and contact dermatitis. To manage eczema, essential oils are typically used as they are extremely effective and gentle on the skin. Thanks to its simplicity of ingredients and formula, essential oils for eczema are easy to experiment on different types of skin conditions.
If you are looking to maximize the benefits of essential oils for your skin condition, you might want to try blending these oils with a carrier oil. Like essential oils, carrier oils contain a plethora of natural ingredients. They act as a “vessel” to deliver essential oils to your desired area efficiently.
Types of Essential Oils for Eczema
Without further ado, let us share with you the different types of essential oils for eczema that you might want to consider:
- Jojoba pil – Those who are suffering from dry or cracked skin due to eczema, Jojoba oil is an excellent option. It is a base carrier oil that mimics the oil moisture that is naturally produced on your skin. Jojoba oil is known to moisturize deep into your skin without leaving a residue.
- Apricot kernel oil – Apricot kernel oil is the perfect solution for those who have sensitive skin or are allergic to nuts. Gentle on the skin, the apricot kernel oil is also a hypoallergenic product that can be used to moisturize various parts of the body.
- Hemp seed oil – High in omega fatty acids, the hemp seed oil is a wonderful option for those who are looking to nourish their skin. When applied topically, it is gentle on the skin and can provide a soothing sensation. Hemp seed oil is typically ingested in forms of capsule or infused with a mask to hydrate and stop irritation on the skin.
- Frankincense oil – Created from resinous extract, frankincense oil can help to heal the skin while offering users with a calming sensation. It is typically diluted with a carrier oil before applying to the skin. The frankincense oil is ideal for those who have broken skin as it will assist in the repairing of cells.
- Geranium oil – Known for its exceptional balancing properties, geranium oil is great for soothing and balancing inflamed skin. It can be used alongside coconut milk during a bath. For those who have especially dry skin, the geranium essential oil can be used for facial treatments. Due to its potency, it must be diluted before applying to your skin.
- Lavender oil – Just like frankincense oil, lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties and can provide users with a nice scent to soothe the mind.
- Grapeseed oil – Known to protect the skin, reduce redness and itchiness, grapeseed oil is one of the most common types of essential oil being used in the market. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, grapeseed oil is also commonly used to treat acne outbreaks and even out skin tone.
Purchase the Best Essential Oils for Eczema
Equipped with the knowledge of the different kinds of essential oils and their benefits, you can now make your decision better when looking for essential oils. Whether you are searching for a solution to treat your dry skin or looking to improve your skin with the natural ingredients, visit Plant Guru for a wide variety of essential oils for eczema.