There are any number of body butters on the market today. Beneficial for your skin in a variety of ways, shea butter treatment for skin and acne is but one use of this product made from the shea tree’s seeds. All-natural shea butter contains no preservatives or chemicals. It is ideal for collagen production and UV protection thanks to its essential fatty acids and vitamins contained within.
Shea Butter – Made for Your Skin
The following skin conditions may benefit from the use of shea butter:
- Razor bumps and irritation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage from heat or cold weather
- Dermatitis and eczema
- Insect bites
- Stretch marks
- Rough and/or cracked skin
- Minor skin wounds
- Sunburn and skin peeling
- Wrinkles and blemishes
- Skin rash
Shea Butter – Made for More Than Just Skin
It’s true that shea butter is ideal for skincare. But there are other benefits to using shea butter. After strenuous exercise, the aches and muscle tension that can be experienced may be relieved somewhat from the topical application of shea butter to the affected area. In as well as smoothing and moisturizing your skin, it is also useful to reduce inflammation.
Shea Butter As an Acne Treatment
Because it is an effective moisturizer, it can help heal acne scars. Here’s what to do:
- Wash your face.
- With a clean soft towel, pat it dry.
- Between the palms of your hands, rub a small amount of shea butter from its container.
- Making sure to pay extra attention to acne scarred areas, gently massage your face.
And there you have it! You can also, however, spot treat scars from acne with a dab of shea butter. You can use a clean finger or a Q-tip to apply shea areas on small acne scars or one large acne scar if you choose to do spot treatment. Why does it work? As you sleep, overnight, your skin regenerates and heals itself. That is why, before bed may be the best time to apply acne scar reducing shea butter.
If you are a do-it-yourselfer, and like to follow recipes, here’s a stellar concoction that has proven useful to many:
- Lemon essential oil – three drops
- Lavender essential oil – five drops
- Raw shea butter – 1 tablespoon
Get a medium-sized bowl and toss your shea butter inside. Until it becomes creamy, stir shea butter vigorously with a whisk. Until they are blended together, stir in the essential oils and keep stirring. Store the mixture in a clean container to be applied every night for acne scars.
Other Mixtures with Shea Butter for Acne
There are any number of things that can be mixed with shea butter to treat acne scars. Here are some more suggestions:
- Essential oils such as helichrysum, frankincense, and lavender can help not only with acne but to erase stretch marks and other scars.
- Make a massage oil with olive oil and melted shea butter. It promotes circulation and helps break down scar tissue by being massaged into scar tissue that has hardened.
- For another scar removal lotion, blend shea butter with coconut oil or rosewater.
At Plant Guru, we carry not only shea butter but a wide range of other body butters, carrier oils, essential oils, and more. When it comes to skincare, there are a plethora of essential oils that can be of benefit for all types of skin. Shop Plant Guru today.