Pink grapefruit essential oil is an extract obtained from the cold compression of pink grapefruit, which can be used for a number of purposes. The sweet, tart citrus scent of grapefruit oil is one of the many reasons why it is popularly used in aromatherapy and in the production of natural beauty and skincare products. The oil contains several properties that make it qualified to perform well in cosmetics, beauty products, supplements, and others. Keep reading to find out whether you should use pink grapefruit essential oil in your skin or hair routine.
Uses of Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
- The oil has a powerful citrus aroma, which is quite suitable and popularly used in aromatherapy. The refreshing and lush scent from the oil may help to improve one’s mood and temporarily reduce feelings of depression.
- The oil contains several essential compounds such as terpinene, limonene, and citronella, which work effectively to help you process the necessary nutrients into your body to help you perform well.
- The antiseptic properties of the oil work to cleanse and clear the skin of debris and dirt. Likewise, it may also help to absorb oil from the surface of the skin.
- The lymphatic properties of the oil are known to be capable of strengthening your immune system which can help to protect you from falling sick.
- Grapefruit Oil has high vitamin C content which serves as an antioxidant to improve the appearance of the skin and protect both the body and skin from toxins.
- When used in aromatherapy, grapefruit oil may help to enhance feelings of vibrant energy. It may also help to manage stress and anxiety. Additionally, using grapefruit essential oil in aromatherapy may help to reduce feelings of discomfort that come from aches.
What Can You Use With Grapefruit Oil?
Grapefruit essential oil blends nicely with other citrus and spice oils such as peppermint, basil, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, cypress, and geranium oil. Mixing your grapefruit essential oil with any of these oils will provide your skin or hair with additional benefits.
How to Use Grapefruit Essential Oil
There are several ways to use your grape oil and some of them are:
- Diffuse the Oil and Use Topically
The first option you have is to dilute your grapefruit essential oil with a few drops of carrier oil before using it on your skin or hair.
- Wear as a Perfume
Another way to use grapefruit essential oil is by wearing it as a perfume. This also requires you to dilute the oil with a carrier oil before applying it to your skin. You can rub it on your arm, neck, temples or behind your ears to get a refreshing scent.
- Add to Your Bath
Have some self-care treatment with your grapefruit essential oil while you bathe. You can do this by adding a few drops of the oil into your bath and allowing your skin to soak up the aroma and other benefits of the oil.
- Hand or Foot Soak
Adding a few drops of essential oil to your hand or foot soak is another great way of having the perfect aromatherapy vibes while toning your skin.