You’re probably familiar with your body’s immune system and how it helps to keep you healthy and free from disease. But did you know that the immune system itself (slightly over 70% of it) resides in your digestive tract? That’s why maintaining digestive health at an optimal level is so crucial. But how can you keep your digestive system healthy? One way is to utilize essential oils to improve your digestion.
The gallbladder, pancreas, and liver are contained within the GI tract (gastrointestinal tract). Additionally, the micro biome (or flora) is also located in the GI tract. The flora is a bacterium which, as part of your digestive system, assists in the digestion process itself. Also aiding the process of digestion are nervous and circulatory systems.
Digestion Is Crucial For Our Bodies
For everything to continue to work properly, and to maintain good health, we must get as many nutrients from the foods we eat as possible. The nutrients referred to here consist of water, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Before our body can absorb them, however, they must be broken down by our digestive system. That’s hard work! But once accomplished, they can then be used by our body for cell repair, growth, and energy. Certain essential oils can help make the job easier for our digestive system.
Essential Oils and Digestion
Depending on a variety of medical conditions, there are any number of medications and treatments traditionally used to improve or promote digestion. Now, however, there is a natural alternative to those traditional methods – namely, essential oils. As people search for a healthcare approach on a more holistic level, essential oils have grown in popularity as of late.
But different essential oils affect the digestive system in various ways. Some essential oils can improve digestion by alleviating stress. Others offer smoother digestion through key probiotics. It’s time to take a look at which essential oils can best aid in your pursuit of healthy digestion.
Digestion Improvement Essential Oils
Consider adding these essential oils to your medicine cabinet, bedside table, office desk, and more:
- Cardamom – Ginger (see below) and cardamom both assist in digestive system regulation. Also, to help relieve any digestive upset or cramping, the anti-inflammatory properties are of great assistance.
- Ginger – Nausea, constipation, and upset stomach can (in many cases) be relieved through the use of ginger. It is also useful against gastric ulcerations, bloating, and acid reflux. Ginger can be used in a diffuser or topically. Prior to use, use a carrier oil to dilute your ginger essential oils.
- Coriander – The properties in coriander have anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic characteristics. The use of coriander can help with digestion and assist in relieving abdominal pain and upset stomach. Use your nebulizer or diffuser to enjoy the effects of coriander essential oils or use them topically.
- Fennel – Aromatherapy makes good use of fennel oils for the relief of IBS-associated discomfort and pain. The anti-spasmodic properties contained within fennel are responsible for many of its benefits. You can also apply these essential oils to the abdominal area after mixing them with a carrier oil (sweet almond, as an example).
- Peppermint – A cooling agent and anti-inflammatory, peppermint essential oil helps relieve flatulence, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. For individuals with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) peppermint can also provide much-needed relief.
At Plant Guru, we have the essential oils you need to aid in your body’s digestive health. When your digestive system is happier, you are happier. Here’s something else that will make you happy – Plant Guru has 100% organic products at affordable prices. Peruse our impressive selection today and start on the road to healthier, happier living through today’s all-natural essential oils, carrier oils, body butters, and more.