Sage Essential Oils
The properties of sage essential oils as a stimulating, laxative, febrifuge, expectorant, disinfectant, antibacterial, antispasmodic, antiseptic, antioxidant, antifungal substance, and more make them an invaluable part of any home. These are something no medicine cabinet should be without. With a thin consistency and an aroma that leans toward herbaceous and sweet, these essential oils are derived through steam distillation from the flowers and leaves of the sage plant. And combining sage with other essential oils is no problem whatsoever as sage blends well with any and all spices including tea tree, rosemary, orange, lavender, ginger, geranium, and clary sage.
Overall Benefits of Sage Essential Oils
- Help protect against bacterial and microbial infections
- Can assist in regularizing menstrual cycles
- Beneficial for the healing of incisions and wounds
- Useful in the elimination of scars
- May provide relief from skin diseases and dysentery
- Assists in the reduction of inflammation related to fever
- May slow symptoms of aging
- Helpful in aiding digestion
- Use of these oils may also help to manage lumbago, sciatica, depression, cerebral palsy, phlegm accumulation, bronchitis and asthma, sinusitis, psoriasis, herpes, and dermatitis.
Uses for Sage Essential Oils
Sage essential oils are a valuable ingredient in the area of skincare and cosmetics. Untold numbers of beauty treatments and related products commonly make use of sage oil. If you are a believer in the world of Spiritualism, sage essential oils have reportedly been effective in the “clearing” of a room – the displacing of negative energy and undesirable spirit activity. Then again, for those nonbelievers, the uplifting effects experienced after the use of sage essential oils may be attributed to sage’s ability to raise energy levels, relieve tension, and clear the mind.
Because these essential oils can act as a stimulant, anyone suffering from a history of hysteria or epilepsy should avoid their use. Additionally, pregnant women should avoid the use of these essential oils because they contain camphene and camphor.