Lavandin Grosso Essential Oils
Understandable confusion arises when talking about lavandin. It is frequently referred to as lavender and is, in fact, sometimes even more specifically referred to as French lavender because of its use for and development by the French perfume industry. Lavandin grosso essential oils are steam distilled from the flowers of their respective plant. They have an aroma that has been described as sweet and floral with a thin consistency.
Those wishing to blend these essential oils with others should give nutmeg, geranium, clary sage, pine, cedarwood, or bay a try. Compared to other lavenders, these particular essential oils (because they are a hybrid) are described as being sharper and more intense. Some believe that the benefits and medicinal properties of lavandin grosso essential oils are more advantageous than those of just plain lavender.
Overall Benefits of Lavandin Grosso Essential Oils
- Use of these essential oils may boost mental strength, confidence, and self-esteem
- They can be useful in helping fade surgery marks and/or pregnancy stretch marks
- May be helpful in treating Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, and vertigo
- Known to relieve pain in joints and muscles and reduce inflammation
- May be applied to relieve pain from toothaches
- Can be helpful in relieving bronchitis-related congestion
- Act as a tonic to keep the nervous system in good health
- May speed the healing of surgical incisions, cuts, wounds
- Protect wounds from infection due to antiseptic qualities
Uses for Lavandin Grosso Essential Oils
In addition to the essential oils listed above, lavandin grosso essential oils also blend well with patchouli, thyme, jasmine, rosemary, cinnamon, lemongrass, citronella, and bergamot. They may be useful as an assist in curing dermatitis, the common cold, and sinusitis. Additionally, use of these essential oils relieves deposition of muscle pain, stiffness, cramps, and phlegm.
No adverse reactions have been reported with the use of these essential oils but to be on the safe side, they should not be used during pregnancy.