Consuming coffee in the morning is a common practice amongst those who need an energy boost before starting their day. However, not everyone is a coffee drinker due to various possible reasons. For those who are seeking an alternative energy booster, there are plenty of energy-boosting essential oils which can help you kick off your morning effortlessly.
How Do Essential Oils Boost Energy Levels?
Essential oils are great at increasing energy. They can help those who may have missed out on sleep, lacked of nutrients, been dehydrated, and exercised too little. Essential oils are a natural alternative to coffee which is often drunk for the boost of energy that it offers. Essential oils are also known to promote various potential health benefits that may help stabilize stress levels, blood pressure, and heart rate. When applied topically or used aromatically, essential oils can influence several areas of the brain that control stress or fatigue. This allows moods to be shifted within the physiological level to make the user feel more focused and awake.
Top Essential Oils that Offer a Boost of Energy
Several essential oils offer an energy boost whereas others may also help to improve focus. Some of the top essential oils that offer a boost of energy are as follows:
- Lemon essential oil – It is well-known for its benefits toward the mind and body. It works by improving our mood and uplifting our spirits. This oil has also been said to reduce stress levels more effectively than other calming oils such as lavender. In addition, lemon essential oil is also able to flush toxins from our body to further reduce lethargy. It can be applied topically or used in aromatherapy.
- Orange essential oil – This oil has similar properties to the lemon essential oil as they belong in the citrus family. It enhances our energy throughout the day and help us focus by reducing stress and preventing fatigue. The energetic kick that the scent of orange offers will work efficiently in aromatherapy through the use of a diffuser or simply sniffing it directly.
- Cinnamon essential oil – The scent of cinnamon itself is able to evoke a sense of relaxation. Little do we know that it is actually also able to boost our energy by increasing our blood flow. Cinnamon is also known to improve metabolism which can also increase our energy levels. It can also help maintain regular blood sugar levels to prevent us from feeling sluggish.
- Peppermint essential oil – Peppermint offers more than just an ingredient that freshens our breath. It uplifts spirits, improves our focus, and get rid of brain fog. This oil is highly recommended for those who need to work long hours with minimal breaks in between. Its menthol content will also help to reduce fatigue and promote concentration.
- Lavender essential oil – Lavender is often associated with relaxation but it actually offers more than just that. It increases motivation by improving our moods and reducing anxiety. This in turn can expand our cognitive function. In the long run, lavender can also improve our sleep which will in turn boost our energy the following day.