Consuming alcoholic beverages, swimming, and overexposure to the sun – all these activities can dehydrate your hair. Smoothing hair treatments may sound harmless but if these treatments are done close together, they can leave your locks super thirsty. Additionally, the buildup of protein on your hair can cause it to become brittle.
Keep in mind that dry hair is not a hair type. It is a treatable condition. You need to find out what is stripping your hair from its natural oils. If you have been experiencing overall dry hair, brittle hair, breakage or split ends, consider creating this nourishing hair essential oil blend on your own. Let’s get started!
Between 10 and 15 minutes, or less!
Approximately 20-30 servings.
- 4oz jojoba or almond oil: You need approximately four ounces of carrier oil. Suitable choices include organic jojoba oil or organic almond oil. These carrier oils are quite similar to your body’s own sebum. They are safe ingredients for making personal care products.
- 8 drops of blue chamomile essential oil: Blue chamomile has anti-inflammatory and calming properties. The ingredient promotes relaxation and is great for treating skin various skin conditions, e.g. hypersensitive skin, inflammation, and more. That’s why they are used in a wide variety of skincare and body products. You should avoid using German chamomile if you are pregnant.
- 16 drops of sandalwood essential oil: Sandalwood essential oil offers an intense earthy and woody scent. Thanks to its moisturizing properties, the oil is a great addition for hair and skincare products.
- 16 drops of lavender essential oil: Lavender is a must-have ingredient. This is an all-rounder essential oil, i.e. it helps boost your immune system, deodorizing, calming, antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, and many more. Let’s not forget that it has a heavenly scent.
- Place a colored 4oz jar on the table (it is needed to store your nourishing hair essential oil blend and protect the contents from light)
- Add 8 drops of blue chamomile
- Add 16 drops of sandalwood
- Add 16 drops of lavender
- Pour in your carrier oil of choice (with the help of a funnel)
- Shake the contents gently
Nourishing Hair Essential Oil Use
Rub and massage the nourishing hair oil throughout your hair. Leave the oil on for at least an hour. It is recommended that you may wrap your hair up into a towel. Next, comb your hair before applying your favorite, non-toxic shampoo. You can make this a weekly routine.
Always Practice Caution
If the oils get into your eyes, you should rinse out with a plain carrier oil. Water tends to disperse the oils too quickly. Running water may not help fully remove the oils from your eyes.
- Start with a plain carrier oil
- Wipe the affected area
- Wash the area with water and a mild soap (e.g. Castile)